Derived from a Swahili word with Arabic origins, the word ‘safari’ refers to a journey or voyage. Safari entered the English language in the late 19th century and the person generally attributed to having used the word in English is Sir Richard Francis Burton, the famous explorer. Africa is the last great wilderness on earth and a safari to this continent is an adventure quite unlike travel to any other destination. From the open Serengeti Plains to the waterways of the Okavango Delta, from the endless horizons in Namibia to the undiscovered grass plains of the Luangwa Valley, there are more than enough landscapes to last a lifetime of exploring.
Experience spectacular landscapes, magnificent wildlife, sundowners in the bush, evenings by the campfire, nights under canvas listening to the roar of lions and the cackling of hyenas. Eye See Africa can organize safaris to the best of all these areas. Taking your interests into consideration, we will customize your package to the last detail, exclusively for you.
AFRICAN SAFARI TOURS
As with all the itineraries on our website, we provide a few examples of what is possible. Once we have heard from you about your dream vacation, we will plan your obligation-free itinerary, taking your budget and individual needs into consideration. You have only to contact us today to start planning your dream African safari.
- The best of both worlds! Start your adventure in the buzzing Cape Town, South Africa's …See Full Itinerary »
- This 15 day self drive will start in central Namibia driving over the Gamsberg to …See Full Itinerary »
- Visit both Rwanda & Uganda on this 4-night/5-day adventure with a Gorilla trekking safari in …See Full Itinerary »
- This exciting 3-night/4-day Rwanda Gorilla Safari takes you to visit the endangered Mountain Gorillas. Explore …See Full Itinerary »
- 15 Nights travelling to 4 countries with a great diversity and incredible beauty in Southern …See Full Itinerary »
- This two country game viewing itinerary combines the best of southern Kenya with northern Tanzania …See Full Itinerary »
- This wine safari includes a visit to 13 of the best wine estates in the …Read More »
- This 21 night adventure starts on the luxurious Blue Train in Pretoria with a short …Read More »
- From the breathtakingly beautiful setting of the Ngorongoro crater to the Serengeti, famed for its …Read More »
- On this 8 day classic Uganda safari hike through Kibale’s lush rainforest looking for chimpanzees. …Read More »
- Travel to the Samburu, once the home of Elsa the Lioness and star of the …Read More »
- 9 Days of visiting 3 diverse habitats in Rwanda with the highlight a gorilla trek …Read More »